Came across an interesting quote or a great idea to share? Share it with the world!
Everybody can use an added dose of inspiration and laughter!
FIVE RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE:
1. Money cannot buy happiness but it’s more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.
2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard’s name.
3. Help someone when they are in trouble and they will remember you when they’re in trouble again.
4. Many people are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.
5. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.
“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.”
~ Alan Cohen
“With out passion you dont have energy, with out energy you have nothing.”
~ Donald Trump
“We choose to go…not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.”
– John Fitzgerald Kennedy quotes
“You get peace of mind not by thinking about it or imagining it, but by quietening and relaxing the restless mind.”
”Love is not blind – it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less”
~ Class95 Trailer for Love Songs
Memorable Quotes by Gary
”I am happy, but never satisfied. That’s how I force myself do better!”
– Gary Guwe on his personal mantra for self-development
“You’ve got to fall a couple of times to realize that, “Hey! What the hell! I’m still here!”
– Gary Guwe on never giving up, and personal growth
Gary Guwe on learning
“You can tell the direction and destiny of a man… by looking at all the little things he does, and chooses to do every day.”
– Gary Guwe on decision making and charting one’s destiny
“If IQ may be defined as how quickly a person can work with information by understanding and relating concepts together, then EQ would be how well a person can work with others by understanding relating to emotions of others.”
– Gary Guwe on communication and relating to others
“Focus is a simple concept that is not easy to apply. Then again, so is commitment, communication, discipline, and keeping promises. Which is why only those who really want what they want, get what they want.”
– Gary Guwe on determination and commitment to excellence
“When you relinquish your pride, and recognize that there’s a world bigger than yourself, that there’s a chain of events in the universe that conspire directly and indirectly to make things happen, you open up yourself to humility and liberate yourself from the vexations by doing your best, doing what you can, and letting go of what you can’t, so that you can focus on what matters the most.”
– Gary Guwe on focusing on the things that truly matter
“You can assess the character of a man by seeing how he keeps to his promises and commitments, by whether he has the gumption and initiative to seek information and clarification to overcome doubts and meet his obligations and goals.”
– Gary Guwe on commitment and keeping one’s promises
“One thing you learn in life, is that results can ultimately be so arbitrary. With so much uncertainty, and “luck” involved. Yet one can only do his best & hope for the best. Irregardless of the result, he shall always respond with the lessons learned to leap further, and higher beyond boundaries. So, aim far… for even if you fall, you’ll eventually still land amongst the stars.”
– Gary Guwe on doing one’s best in spite of the odds
“If youth are the future of our country, then I assert that “elders” are the anchors of our society. You need both to grow.”
– Gary Guwe’s take on Singapore Current Affairs and Society
“Life has a way of forcing one to grow up, and grow smart”
– Gary Guwe on life’s challenges
“We learn more about ourselves as we continuously immerse ourselves in new situations, and open ourselves up to new challenges.”
– Gary Guwe on personal development and discovery
“Life is a wonder when you have things to be grateful for”
– Gary Guwe on life
“Everybody wants progress… but too many prefer to park themselves at where they are.”
– Gary Guwe on personal development and challenges
“If you cannot communicate your ideas clearly, then you risk complicatingthoughts completely”
– Gary Guwe on communications
“When was the last time you gave yourself the permission to do something crazy, and sought to enjoy it?”
– Gary on living life to fullest, and enjoying the small things
“It’s extremely hard for one to look down, feel down, or be down over little things when one has bigger things to look forward to.”
– Gary on Life & Moving On